Acceptable Use Policy
Teams Telephony Acceptable Use Policy
Effective January 2022
All usage of In The Cloud Technologies Teams Phone Service through Direct Routing is subject at all times to this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). If Customer or any End User violates this AUP, In the Cloud Technologies may suspend Customer’s use of the Services.
- Reasonable Use. In The Cloud Technologies’ Phone Service and the associated calling plans are for ordinary and reasonable business use.
- Unacceptable Use. In addition to prohibited uses set forth in the Terms of Service or your Agreement with In The Cloud Technologies, the Phone Services (including any device, system, network, or account used in connection with the Services, or In The Cloud Technologies network) may not be used to engage in any of the following:
- Illegal activity. Violate any applicable law, including U.S. federal, state, or local laws or regulations, or any applicable law or regulation of any foreign jurisdiction, including applicable laws regarding the recording of communications. Fraudulent or illegal use of In The Cloud Technologies’ Phone Services, including any activity that violates telemarketing laws or regulations.
- Autodialing; trunking; traffic pumping. Perform auto-dialing or “predictive dialing” in an abusive manner; trunk or forward your In The Cloud Technologies Phone number to other numbers that handle multiple simultaneous calls or to a private branch exchange (PBX) or a key system; traffic pumping or access stimulation of calls through the Services or the In The Cloud Technologies Network.
- Minors. Exploit or harm minors (e.g., expose them to inappropriate content; ask for personally identifiable information without parental consent).
- Interference; transmit viruses. Interfere, inhibit, compromise, or otherwise harm the Services or In The Cloud Technologies Network (regardless of intent or knowledge); transmit any material that contains viruses, time or logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, malware, spyware, or any other programs that may be harmful or dangerous.
- Objectionable or Misleading activity. Act in an indecent, offensive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, malicious, disruptive, tortious, or other objectionable manner; or create a false caller ID identity (i.e., ID spoofing), forge addresses or headers, or otherwise mislead others about a sender’s identity or origin.
- Safety. The Services shall not be used for any or in any high-risk environment or in an unsafe manner. The Services are not designed or licensed for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe controls, including without limitation operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation/communication systems, air traffic control, and life support or weapons systems.
- Harvest information; spam; bulk messages. Harvest or collect information about third parties or End Users without consent; send bulk communications or other content without the recipient’s consent.
- Excessive or unauthorized use. Use any device, system, network, account, plan, or use the Services in an unauthorized manner, or more than reasonable business use, including without limitation use or activities that involve continual, uninterrupted, or consistently excessive use of In The Cloud Technologies Phone Services.
- Circumvent compliance or security. Take advantage of, bypass, exploit, defeat, disable, or otherwise circumvent limitations of the Services, security mechanisms, or compliance with this AUP or any law.
- Interception. Intercept, capture, sniff, monitor, modify, emulate, decrypt, or redirect any communication or data for any purpose.
- Resale Prohibited. Customer may not sell, resell, sublease, assign, license, or sublicense the Services or any component thereof or use or offer the same on a service-bureau or time-sharing basis, unless expressly permitted in an agreement signed by both parties.
- High Risk Use Prohibited. THE SERVICES ARE NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, INTENDED, OR RECOMMENDED FOR USE FOR ANY HIGH-RISK OR FAIL-SAFE PURPOSE OR ACTIVITY OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT WHERE FAILURE, INTERRUPTION, MALFUNCTION, ERROR, OR UNAVAILABILITY COULD RESULT IN PHYSICAL HARM OR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR DISMEMBERMENT, OR PROPERTY OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. CUSTOMER SHALL NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR ANY SUCH PURPOSE OR ACTIVITY OR IN ANY SUCH ENVIRONMENT.
- Right to Review Use; Suspension or Termination. In The Cloud Technologies has a right to review Customer’s and End User’s use of In The Cloud Technologies Phone Services. Use that is inconsistent with the types and levels of usage by typical business customers, including but not limited to abnormal call lengths; abnormal call frequency; abnormal call duration; or abnormal calling patterns or destinations that indicate an attempt to evade enforcement of this Acceptable Use Policy. In The Cloud Technologies may act immediately and without notice to suspend or terminate the Services, or phone numbers, if, with In The Cloud Technologies sole discretion, Customer’s or its End Users’ use of the Services (or use of particular phone numbers) violates Law and/or the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Violations. In The Cloud Technologies has sole discretion to interpret this AUP and determine whether a Customer or End User has violated it.